Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder trilogy decision expected next week, Frank Warren reveals after mediation attempts

A DECISION on Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder's trilogy is expected next week, Frank Warren revealed after mediation attempts.

Fury decided to walk away from a third fight with his rival after their immediate rematch clause expired last month.

But in a desperate attempt to salvage his crack at redemption, Wilder initiated a mediation with a retired judge set to review his case.

Fury's promoter Warren said the outcome of the dispute should be resolved by next week with the Gypsy King desperate to return to the ring.

He told BT Sport Boxing: “I think there will be next week as to what’s going on. Next week, we’ll know what the position is.

“He’s been training very, very hard, and he just wants to get back in the ring, and we’re trying hard to make that happen."

Fury, 32, convincingly dethroned Wilder, 35, of the WBC title in February, having firstly drawn with each other in 2018.

They were contracted to a rematch straight after as part of the deal they initially signed.

But as the coronavirus pandemic kept fans away, it did the same for Wilder's shot at revenge.

As a result, once the stipulation expired, Fury moved on from the trilogy to instead focus on facing Anthony Joshua, 31, twice next year.

He is set to fight on December 5, with Agit Kabayel, 28, his chosen opponent as a tune up bout.

But an official announcement is being held up as Wilder looks to force through a rematch, despite an agreement failing to be reached throughout this year.

Warren said: “Unfortunately, because of the Covid and the finances for that particular fight, it wasn’t to be.

"We tried to make it again, and we tried to work on it, but it expired. I think it’s well known now that there’s a hearing going on.

"Something will be done in the States, and some decision will be made in the next week or so."

Source: Read Full Article